Re-use a 2 litre bottle as a fun suncatcher.
You will need:
2 litre soft drinks bottle
Good pair of scissors
Foil scraps (e.g. sweet wrappers) and glitter
PVA glue and spreader
1. Cut a short length of the plastic bottle (ask an adult to help with this as the plastic can be quite tough)
2. Make a series of cuts about 2 cm apart.
3. Curl each piece of plastic back on itself.
4. Decorate the suncatcher by gluing on scraps of foil, glitter etc.
5. When it’s dry, attach a piece of string and hang the suncatcher in a sunny spot indoors.
(Why not use the rest of the bottle as a mini greenhouse to help seedlings to grow, as a pot for pens or as a mini composter or wormery?)