Make your own little plant pots out of a yoghurt pot and newspaper!
You will need:
- Small yogurt drinks pot
- Sheet of newspaper (approximately 39x30cm)
- Plastic container, e.g. recycled ice cream tub or fruit container
- Potting compost
1. Place the sheet of newspaper flat on to a table, with the longest edge of the paper at the top of the table.
2. Fold the paper in half lengthways with the folded edge nearest to you.
3. Turn the paper so that the folded edge is to the left – this will be the top of your finished pot.
4. Place the yogurt pot on the newspaper with the opening of the pot to the left, leaving a gap between the bottom of the pot and right-hand edge of the newspaper. Tightly roll away from you.
5. Place the pot upright with the opening of the pot placed downwards on to the table.
6. Fold the remaining paper in neatly and firmly to make the base of the pot.
7. Turn the pot over and, holding it tightly, push down firmly on to the table.
8. Clasp carefully and extract the yogurt pot.
9. Your pot is now complete. Make some more, fill with compost and place the filled pots in a recycled container to give support. Sow the seeds and watch your plants grow. When the plants are large enough you can put the whole pot and plant into the ground.