Privacy Notice (How we use data information relating to subscriptions for waste and recycling updates and enquiries about waste services)
The categories of this information that we collect, process, hold and share include:
- personal information (email address and/or name)
- a record of your query
Why we collect and use this information
Suffolk County Council (SCC) would like to store and use your data to:
- send waste and recycling updates to keep you informed about our Recycling Centres, changes to services and other useful information pertaining to waste and recycling
- respond to any queries you may have
- keep a record of type of enquiries
The lawful basis on which we use this information
We collect and use this information under the GDPR legal basis of ‘Consent’. You have the right at any time to withdraw consent by contacting the waste management team or by unsubscribing from our e-updates.
Collecting this information
We collect this information when you opt in to subscribe to our emails online or in person at events, if you contact us through the waste management inbox or if your query is passed on to us from customer services.
Storing this information
We will keep your email addresses until you unsubscribe from our services. In cases of email queries sent directly to our inbox or forwarded to us by our customer services, we will delete your email but keep a record of your name and the nature of your query.
Who we share this information with
Why we share this information
We share this data in order to send information and updates by email and respond to your queries.
Data collection requirements
SCC has robust processes in place to ensure the confidentiality of our data is maintained and there are stringent controls in place regarding access and use of the data. Decisions on whether the waste and recycling team releases data to third parties are subject to a strict approval process
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, individuals have the right to request access to information about them that we hold. To make a request for your personal information contact Data.Protection@suffolk.gov.uk.
You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we request that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
SCC’s corporate privacy notice will be available on the SCC website from 25 May 2018.
If you would like further information about this privacy notice, please contact:
Telephone: 03456 066067
Waste Management, Suffolk County Council, Endeavour House, Ipswich IP1 2BX